Carrières à Aide juridique Ontario
Grants Officer (one-year contract)
Law Foundation of Ontario (LFO)
The Law Foundation of Ontario (LFO) is a progressive, thriving grantmaker, established under the Law Society Act that makes grants to organizations to increase access to justice. More information on the LFO can be found on its website at www.lawfoundation.on.ca.
The Law Foundation of Ontario is a small organization with a powerful mission - making grants to non-profits to improve access to justice for people in Ontario. We believe in “Putting People at the Heart of Justice”. You can look at our website for more information about us and the important work we support at www.lawfoundation.on.ca.
The LFO seeks an energetic, diplomatic person to fill the full-time position of Grants Officer, on a one-year contract who will be responsible for:
- Participating in developing LFO granting programs including objectives, areas of focus, processes, assessment criteria, communications and evaluation approaches
- Participating in consulting, and establishing partnerships, with justice, community and philanthropic organizations on both a provincial and national level
- Providing advice to applicants on the LFO’s mandate and grant program requirements, and on the development of suitable applications
- Assessing grant applications and making recommendations to the LFO’s Board of Trustees
- Consulting with expert advisors as needed
- Ensuring the integrity of grants records and databases
- Compliance monitoring of approved grants and supporting grantees as needed or requested
- Establishing strong relations with grantees
- Superior writing and analytic skills
- Success in fostering positive relationships with many different individuals, audiences, communities, and stakeholders
- Excellent desktop computer skills, including familiarity with database programs
- Excellent organizational, time management and problem-solving skills
- Demonstrated ability to lead projects to successful outcomes
- A reputation for taking initiative and for innovation
- Knowledge of, and experience in, the justice sector would be an asset
- Knowledge of, and experience in, working with Indigenous organizations would be an asset
- Experience in policy and program development would be an asset
- Experience in the non-profit sector or foundation sector would be an asset
- Knowledge of French would be an asset
- Minimum requirement of a post-secondary degree
The Foundation offers competitive compensation, including benefits, and a collegial working environment.
The Foundation encourages a work environment that promotes equity and diversity and prohibits any form of discrimination or harassment. We are committed to making sure that our recruitment, hiring, training, compensation, and other personnel activities are fair and equitable. We consider employees and prospective employees on the basis of individual merit and actively promoting equity for all individuals without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, national origin, or sexual orientation.
We accommodate the needs of persons with disabilities in our hiring process. Please send your resumé and cover letter to by October 2, 2017:
The Law Foundation of Ontario
20 Queen Street West
Toronto, Ontario M5H 3R3
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org (please state Grants Officer in the Subject line)
We thank all applicants for their interest. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No inquiries, please.