Community Legal Services of Ottawa
Community Legal Services of Ottawa / Services juridiques communautaires d'Ottawa is a community legal clinic, funded by Legal Aid Ontario. We provide legal assistance, public legal education activities and community-based initiatives for the low-income residents of Ottawa.
We are seeking an experienced lawyer to work primarily in immigration and refugee law.
- Immigration and refugee law advice, representation and supervision
- Provide public legal education events and community-based initiatives
- Involvement in law reform and policy advocacy on immigration legal issues
- Work closely with staff teams from our three offices and with partner organizations
- Law Society of Ontario membership in good standing
- Minimum five years of immigration and refugee law experience
- Legal experience supporting vulnerable individuals and equity-seeking groups
- Strong litigation skills and experience, including experience at the Immigration and Refugee Board and in the Federal Court
- Proven ability to work collaboratively
- Superior organizational, writing and oral advocacy skills
- Strong ability to handle multiple priorities and work in a high-volume environment
- Strong computer skills
- Capacity to also work in French is strongly preferred
- Fluency in other languages spoken by those we serve is an asset
Application deadline: Tuesday, August 21 at 5:00 p.m.
Salary is commensurate with the legal clinic's pay ranges. Our compensation also includes a generous health benefits plan and RRSP contributions.
Please send a cover letter and resumé by email to firstname.lastname@example.org:
Gary Stein, Executive Director
Community Legal Services of Ottawa / Services juridiques communautaires d'Ottawa
406 – 1355 rue Bank Street
Ottawa, ON K1H 8K7
Community Legal Services of Ottawa is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to equity, diversity and inclusion. We welcome applicants from our diverse community and from historically disadvantaged groups.
We thank all applicants but we will only contact candidates selected for an interview.