Carrières à Aide juridique Ontario
Bilingual support staff
Timmins-Temiskaming Community Legal Clinic (TTCLC)
The Timmins-Temiskaming Community Legal Clinic (TTCLC) is currently seeking a professional and highly motivated receptionist/legal assistant to join our team as our support staff.
The TTCLC is a community legal clinic funded by Legal Aid Ontario. We provide legal advice and representation to low-income residents of the Timmins and Temiskaming areas.
The responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to:
- Answering incoming phone calls on a multi-line system
- Greeting clients, scheduling and confirming appointments and meetings
- Managing email, mail and courier correspondence
- Opening files, filing, photocopying and scanning documents
- Directing incoming faxes to the appropriate staff
- Assisting with client intakes and referrals as well as other administrative duties
- Some data entry
The ideal candidate will possess the following skills and experience:
- Must be fully bilingual in both French and English
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Exemplary phone etiquette with a professional and friendly demeanour
- Excellent technical and computer skills with proficiency in Microsoft Word and Outlook
- Experience as a receptionist and as a legal assistant at a legal clinic or a law firm
- Knowledge of poverty law issues is an asset
Applications must include a cover letter, resume with references, to be received by May 18, 2018, by email to firstname.lastname@example.org, by fax, courier or mail addressed to:
Julie Ellery, Executive Director
Timmins-Temiskaming Community Legal Clinic
202-3 Pine St. S.
Timmins, ON P4N 2J9
TEL: (705) 267-0300
FAX: (705) 267-0330
We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities. Accommodation is available on request from candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Only the applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.