Carrières à Aide juridique Ontario
Articling Student 2018/2019
Community Advocacy & Legal Centre (CALC)
Are you looking for 2018/2019 articles? Our community legal clinic provides an opportunity to work with a dedicated team and to experience a diverse, rewarding and fulfilling articling year.
The Community Advocacy & Legal Centre (CALC) is located in south-eastern Ontario and is staffed by lawyers, paralegals and support staff. We are seeking an articling student who is self-directed and is able to work independently as well as being an integral part of our team. You must have a demonstrated commitment to social justice issues and experience with, and empathy for, people living in poverty. A familiarity with issues facing rural communities is an asset.
The CALC provides access to justice to vulnerable members of our community through quality legal services and the provision of information, advice, and representation in the areas of Tenant Rights, Social Assistance, Workplace Safety and Insurance Board, Human Rights, Criminal Injuries Compensation, Employment Law, Canada Pension Plan Disability, Employment Insurance, Special Education Issues, and Consumer Law. Developing legal education materials and workshops and undertaking systemic advocacy are critical components of our work.
As the successful articling student, you will be given considerable responsibility. You must demonstrate strong organizational skills. You will work under the direction and mentorship of the clinic lawyers to:
- Undertake legal casework in all or some of the areas of law practiced at CALC
- Represent clients before tribunals and courts
- Increase access to legal services for rural and remote communities by providing legal services in one or more of our five satellite locations
- Develop and implement community development and legal education programs in partnership with community organizations
- be familiar with the areas of law practiced at CALC
- have an awareness of issues in rural and remote communities
- have access to reliable transportation to provide service throughout our large geographic area
To apply please submit:
Your covering letter, résumé and law school transcripts by 5:00 p.m. June 16, 2017 (using the subject line "Articling Student 2018/2019") to Lynda Morgan at firstname.lastname@example.org, by fax: 613-966-6251, or in person at 158 George Street, Belleville, Ontario
For more information about our clinic, our work or our history, please visit our website at: www.communitylegalcentre.ca
Only those being offered an interview will be contacted.