Carrières à Aide juridique Ontario
Summer law student
Community Advocacy & Legal Centre (CALC)
Are you looking for significant and meaningful work this summer? Our community legal clinic located in Belleville, Ontario, has an opening for a LAW STUDENT.
- be currently enrolled in an accredited Law School program
- have a demonstrated commitment to social justice work
Under the supervision of lawyers, the law student may provide:
- Client intake, in busy office environment
- Clerical and research support for legal workers
- Assistance with Ontario Disability Support Program and housing law matters including conducting hearings
- Assistance with other special projects & public legal education
Previous clinic experience is an asset.
This position may be funded by Service Canada. Applicants must be eligible under Service Canada’s Summer Jobs criteria and:
- be between the ages of 15 and 30 at the start of the employment;
- have been registered as full-time students in the previous academic year and intend to return to school on a full-time basis in the next academic year;
- be a Canadian citizen, permanent resident, or person to whom refugee protection has been conferred under the Immigration and Refugee Act;
- be legally entitled to work in Canada in accordance with relevant provincial/territorial legislation and regulations
Other applicants may still apply.
To apply, please email your resume and covering letter by March 14, 2017 (using the subject line “Summer Law Student”) to:
COMMUNITY ADVOCACY & LEGAL CENTRE
158 George Street, Level 1
Belleville, Ontario K8N 3H2
Only those being offered an interview will be contacted. Volunteer opportunities are also available.
Please visit our website at: www.communitylegalcentre.ca