Community Legal Clinic of York Region (CLCYR)
Are you committed to social justice? Do you want a career furthering access to justice for low income residents of York Region? If so, CLCYR is looking to hire you to join our growing team.
CLCYR's mandate is to serve the civil legal needs of low income residents of York Region. Our staff provide legal advice and representation, deliver public legal education, participate in community development work and lead law reform campaigns.
CLCYR is seeking two licensed paralegals to fill full time permanent positions on our Employment and Immigration Law Teams.
Projected start date: Monday March 18, 2019
The successful candidates will:
- work independently and as part of a team;
- conduct client interviews, prepare paperwork and obtain appropriate documentation or other evidence;
- be familiar with relevant court and tribunal rules, including filing procedures;
- occasionally assist with administrative tasks;
- identify, initiate and participate in public legal education, outreach, and law reform initiatives;
- work from our main and satellite offices during normal business hours with occasional evening and weekend work.
- Membership in good standing with the Law Society of Ontario;
- Regulated Immigration Consultant designation an asset for the Immigration position;
- A second language is an asset;
Application deadline: Monday February 11, 2019 at 5:00 p.m. (EST)
Interviews will be held on Friday March 1, 2019.
Interested candidates are asked to submit a cover letter, resume and two references by electronic mail to:
CLCYR - Hiring Committee
21 Dunlop Street, Suite 200
Richmond Hill, ON L4C 2M6
CLCYR is dedicated to building an organization that reflects the diversity of our clients and the communities we serve. We encourage applications from individuals from diverse, marginalized and racialized communities and backgrounds. Moreover, CLCYR welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
While we thank all applicants for their interest, only those offered an interview will be contacted.