Provide your feedback: LAO's Executive Compensation Framework
Tuesday, March 13, 2018
As a requirement under the Broader Public Sector Executive Compensation Act, 2014 (BPSEC), Legal Aid Ontario (LAO) is developing an Executive Compensation Framework. The BPSEC establishes requirements that designated public sector employers must meet when setting executive compensation.
This Framework is a written program that describes the compensation LAO provides to its leadership team. The Framework includes information on:
- Compensation philosophy: the guiding principles that drive compensation decision‑making
- Comparative analysis details: a list of comparable positions and organizations used when calculating salary and performance-related caps
- Salary and performance-related caps
- Other elements of compensation
- Current and proposed salary levels
Public feedback: have your say
Until Friday, March 30, 2018, LAO invites you to provide your feedback on the draft Executive Compensation Framework, including your comments on the manner in which LAO determines the compensation it provides to designated executives. Your input is being used to revise this draft and establish a final Framework by May 2018.
When LAO posts the final Executive Compensation Framework later this year, it will provide an overview of the feedback received during the consultation phase.