LAO and stakeholders taking next steps together to update quality standards for refugee and immigration service providers
Thursday, March 27, 2014
LAO has released a new report, Updating the quality standards for LAO-funded refugee and immigration service providers to share feedback received during its recent public consultations and to outline next steps.
The report commits LAO to collaborating with the Refugee Lawyers Association and, taking into consideration the concerns and feedback received so far, to developing a second draft of the standards.
LAO will use this second draft as the basis for further consultation and development with stakeholders. Its goal is to finalize and implement new quality standards for LAO-funded refugee and immigration service providers later in 2014.
- Updating the quality standards for LAO-funded refugee and immigration service providers
- Feedback received from consultation participants
- Best practices guide
- Current consultations
- Nov. 2013 to Feb. 2014 consultations
- Refugee Lawyers Association in Ontario brief
- Inter-Clinic Immigration Working Group brief
Jawad A. Kassab - LLB, MDiv, MBA
Executive Lead, Refugee Services Transformation
Legal Aid Ontario
Telephone (416) 979-1446 x4705
Fax (416) 979-2948