Register for information sessions on changes to Refugee and Immigration services
Posted on: Friday, August 24, 2012
Legal Aid Ontario (LAO) is taking steps to modernize how it delivers refugee and immigration services. These measures, which take effect Sept. 6, 2012, will help LAO balance increasing client demand with LAO’s own financial obligations to operate within its means.
To help you understand the details of these changes, we are offering live, web-based information sessions for Immigration and Refugee lawyers and their staff.
These sessions will include:
- Information on the key initiatives
- Explanation of the changes to LAO’s refugee and immigration legal aid services
- An opportunity to have your process questions answered by LAO’s in-house experts
Please note these information sessions are currently available in English only. Sessions in French are available on request.
Information session dates
- Thursday, August 30 from 5:00 to 6:00 p.m.
- Thursday, September 6 from 5:00 to 6:00 p.m.
- Thursday, September 13, from 5:00 to 6:00 p.m.
- Thursday, September 20, from 5:00 to 6:00 p.m.
To register follow this link: www.regonline.com/refugeelaw
When you register for the webinar, you will be given a link and teleconference login information. Please follow the instructions included with this link to test your web browser, and ensure compatibility with our hosting system. We highly suggest doing this at least 20 minutes before the session.
If you have any questions, please contact: General-Learning@LAO.