Application information and requirements
All applicants must submit a completed copy of the test case program committee “Application for test case funding” form.
Successful applicants may be issued a legal aid certificate or may be funded by way of a project funding agreement. In addition, LAO may provide:
- research support
- coordination of linkages and partnerships
- staff lawyer support or mentoring
As a condition of receiving test case program committee support from LAO, applicants may be required to:
- work in partnership with others
- enter into a mentoring relationship
- secure pro bono contributions
- share resources
- publicize LAO’s support and authorize LAO to communicate about its support of the application.
Successful applicants are required to provide LAO with regular updates on the progress of their matter and with final outcome reports.