Getting legal help

Government assistance

If you have you received a warning letter of suspension or cancellation from Ontario Works (OW) or the Ontario Disability Support Program (ODSP), contact your caseworker at your local Ontario Works office as soon as possible. Help with government assistance cases is available through most community legal clinics for eligible clients.

If you have a low income, community legal clinics can help with government assistance issues such as:

  • you want to appeal a reduction, suspension or termination of your ODSP or OW benefits;
  • you been refused ODSP and want to appeal the decision;
  • you want to appeal, or have issues with claiming Canada Pension Plan disability pension;
  • you are having trouble getting Employment Insurance;
  • you are a non-unionized worker having problems with the Workplace Safety and Insurance Board (WSIB).

Donít see your legal matter here? See our civil law page for more information, or read through the resources below. You can also call Legal Aid Ontario toll-free at 1-800-668-8258.