Are you ready to begin your career in Social Justice?
Interested in working and learning various areas of law?
Do you crave meaningful, satisfying work?
Launch your legal career with
Legal Aid Ontario
Since the launch of the Lawyer Workforce Strategy (“LWS”), Legal Aid Ontario’s innovative career development program in 2009, law students have been offered a gateway to a rewarding career that offers the opportunity work in various different areas of Legal Aid while gaining varied experiences in different areas of law. The LWS is aimed at the long-term development of lawyers within LAO and that begins with a law student’s summer and articling experience. Legal Aid Ontario, through the LWS, is currently looking for Articling Students to work in the:
Greater Toronto Area
The Articling positions cover a wide range of learning opportunities including:
- Rotations in one or more of family law, criminal law and refugee law.
- Assist with advice counsel services.
- Assist with duty counsel services.
Required Skills & Experiences:
- Demonstrated commitment to social justice or public interest work
- Demonstrated excellent writing and oral communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Solid understanding of the mission of Legal Aid Ontario
- Some positions will also have opportunities to gain experience in Immigration and Refugee law.
Salary: $46,500 per annum plus benefits
Candidates interested in this opportunity must respond by July 6, 2012 at 5:00 pm.
Only applications submitted via email will be accepted. Please forward your resume and covering letter, along with transcripts (web-based unofficial transcripts or grades listings are acceptable) to firstname.lastname@example.org
You must quote the following competition number in the subject line: LAO-007-12
Only those candidates selected for an interview will be notified.
Legal Aid Ontario is an equal opportunity employer.
Legal Aid Ontario values integrity, respect, responsiveness, excellence, independence, accountability, openness and consistency.