Timmins-Temiskaming Community Legal Clinic / Clinique juridique communautaire Timmins-Témiskamingue
The TTCLC is a community legal clinic funded by Legal Aid Ontario. We provide legal advice and representation to low-income residents of the Timmins and Temiskaming areas with our head office located in Timmins.
The TTCLC is seeking a full-time contract bilingual staff lawyer to join our team for a term of up to 12 months, with the possibility of an extension, to replace a staff lawyer on leave.
The successful applicant will be practicing administrative law with an emphasis in Ontario Works, Ontario Disability Support Program, Landlord and Tenant, CPP, and Criminal Injuries. The position involves the provision of services within our catchment area from Timmins to Latchford. The Staff Lawyer is also expected to engage in public legal education, law reform and community development.
- Member in good standing with the Law Society of Upper Canada
- The ability to communicate in both French and English, to provide services and representation in both official languages
- Familiarity with clinic law issues
- Understanding of social justice issues
- Excellent research, writing and advocacy skills in both French and English
- Excellent analytical, organizational and time management skills
- A valid Ontario Driver’s License, ability to travel
Applications must include a cover letter, resume with references, to be received by January 25, 2019, either by mail, email or fax to:
Julie Ellery, Executive Director
Timmins-Temiskaming Community Legal Clinic
202-3 Pine St. S.
Timmins, ON P4N 2J9
Email : email@example.com
TEL: (705) 267-0300
FAX: (705) 267-0330
We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities. Accommodation is available on request from candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
We thank all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.