Careers at LAO
Workers' rights law group administrator position
Parkdale Community Legal Services
A unique opportunity to work for positive social change!
Parkdale Community Legal Services is both a teaching clinic for Osgoode Hall Law School and a poverty law organization in downtown Toronto. We serve low income clients in a culturally diverse community on the west side, particularly in the areas of landlord/tenant law, immigration law, workers’ rights issues, and social assistance issues, in conjunction with community development work to address systemic issues of poverty and social exclusion.
PCLS is seeking a full-time group administrator for the Workers’ Rights Division at the clinic. Salary and benefits are competitive and are set by the organization’s collective agreement. Duties include:
- Coordination of all aspects of administration (e.g. document production, file management/storage, resource management) for the Law Group (both legal and community work)
- Statistical collection and preparation of relevant statistical reports for the Group
- Providing administrative support, guidance and training to Group Lawyer, CLW’s and students
- Filling in on reception and initial screening duties as necessary
- Participating in changes to relevant policies or administrative practices
- Providing community and legal resources for referral purposes
- Assisting in clinic administration, including clinic committees
- Involvement in campaigns and other work of the Group
Applicants should have a strong background in administrative work, including word processing and other computer skills, and excellent organizational and interpersonal skills. Experience with data base or case management systems is an asset, as is experience in a legal setting, a demonstrated interest in social justice and workers’ rights issues in particular, and experience working with poverty law issues and low income and culturally diverse communities.
Please apply with a letter of application and a resume. We only require employment and academic references to be provided at the interview by those candidates selected. Please ensure that your application is combined into a single PDF or Word file. Applicants should note there is an internal applicant for this position.
The application deadline is September 20, 2017 at 4:00 pm. PCLS is an equity employer and welcomes applications from individuals from historically disadvantaged groups.
Please make your application by email, with “Workers’ Rights Group Administrator Position” in the subject line, to email@example.com.