Tenant Legal Representative
Durham Community Legal Clinic
The Durham Community Legal Clinic is a community legal clinic funded by Legal Aid Ontario. We provide legal advice and representation to low-income residents in Durham Region.
Main duties of the position:
- Conduct client interviews
- Draft tenant documentation
- Maintain caseload
- Provide legal representation to tenants at the Landlord and Tenant Board
- Provide public legal education, law reform and community development activities to low–income members of the community and community partners
Required skills and experience:
- Relevant experience in residential tenancies law specifically related to clinic law services is required
- Ability to manage a high caseload with multiple tribunal appearances on the same day
- The candidate must be a strong litigator
- The candidate should also have a demonstrated commitment to poverty law issues and an interest in housing law reform/community development work
- Licensed Paralegal in good standing with the Law Society of Ontario
- Experience working in a community legal clinic would be an asset
- French considered an asset
- Valid driver's license and access to a vehicle
Salary is commensurate with the legal clinic's pay ranges. Our compensation also includes a health benefits plan and RRSP contributions.
Candidates interested in this position must respond by August 17, 2018
Send your resume via email or fax ONLY to:
Kim Kreider, Office Manager
(no telephone calls please)
We thank all applicants, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.