Careers at LAO
Full-time permanent support staff
Industrial Accident Victims Group of Ontario (IAVGO)
The Industrial Accident Victims Group of Ontario (IAVGO) is a provincial specialty legal clinic, funded by Legal Aid Ontario which provides free services to injured workers in Ontario, including legal advice, legal representation, public legal education, advocacy training and community development. IAVGO operates as a collective.
Responsible for reception and providing administrative support to the clinic.
reception; answer, screen and route calls as appropriate; schedule intake appointments where appropriate or make referral.
General administrative duties:
photocopying; faxing; scanning; opening and distributing mail; filing paper documents and inputting client information into the Client Information Management system; maintain and administer tickler system; process courier/special mailing requests; maintain all mailing lists; order office supplies; take minutes at staff meetings; liaise with the co-op. facilities manager and librarian; provide other administrative support as required.
Required skills & experiences:
- Experience in an office environment and proven ability to deal effectively with clients on the phone and in-person
- Excellent telephone skills and knowledge of multi-line phones
- Administrative support experience
- Sound organizational skills in order to maintain control of a variety of administrative tasks with high attention to detail
- Excellent computer skills (Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Able to work independently, effectively and co-operatively
- Experience working with diverse communities an asset
- Experience working in the not-for-profit sector an asset;
- A second language preferred
Between $40,000 - $50,000, depending on experience
Also included are RRSP contributions, Pay Equity and Group Benefits.
Please apply by 5:00 p.m. on September 22, 2017 to:
Attention: Mary Di Nucci
IAVGO Hiring Committee
55 University Ave, Toronto, ON M5J 2H7
IAVGO is an equal opportunity employer. Applications are welcomed from members of groups historically limited in their employment opportunities. We thank all applicants however, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
A non-profit community legal clinic funded by Legal Aid Ontario