Careers at LAO
Hamilton Community Legal Clinic
Do you share our passion for social justice?
Join our team! Hamilton Community Legal Clinic is a busy urban legal clinic seeking a service- focused individual interested in challenging and meaningful work. This position is a full-time (5 days per week), 1-year plus contract (September 2017 to October 2018), at a fast-paced, dynamic organization. Our practice is in poverty law, including landlord & tenant, Ontario Works and Ontario Disability Support Program. If you want to work hard to serve the community in a collaborative environment, then you need to apply. Now.
- Reception duties – making initial contact with clients, visitors and community partners who contact the clinic both in-person or by phone
- Elicit, summarize and record intake information from clients
- Provide basic information regarding clinic services
- Provide appropriate referral information to various community resources
- Providing general administrative support (including faxing, photocopying, filing and responding to telephone calls)
- Drafting statutory declarations
Preferred skills and experience:
- Related post-secondary diploma or demonstrated client service experience
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team and to take direction
- Ability to work in a friendly and cooperative manner with colleagues
- Flexibility and ability to manage competing priorities and multi-task
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English
- Excellent computer skills (experience with Windows and Microsoft Office)
- Ability to work in French and/or other languages an asset.
Salary: $47,132 annually
Please submit resume no later than 4:00 p.m. August 18, 2017 to:
Judy MacKay, Supervisor of Finance & Administration
Fax: (905) 523-7282
Hamilton Community Legal Clinic is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from historically disadvantaged groups. We encourage First Nation, Métis and Inuit applicants.
We thank all applicants, but only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. All resumes to be held in strictest confidence.