Careers at LAO
Community Legal Clinic of York Region (CLCYR)
The Community Legal Clinic of York Region (CLCYR) is a legal clinic serving the legal needs of low income residents of York Region. CLCYR staff provide legal advice and representation, deliver public legal education and participate in community development initiatives.
CLCYR is seeking a lawyer to fill a contract position on the Social Assistance Team with a proposed start date of September 18, 2017.
- The Staff Lawyer will carry a full case load focusing primarily on income maintenance matters including: Ontario Disability Support Program Appeals, social assistance overpayment appeals, Ontario Works denial appeals, and Canada Pension Plan Disability appeals;
- The Staff Lawyer will provide summary advice and brief services to clients;
- The Staff Lawyer will be expected to work out of our main office in Richmond Hill as well as out of various satellite locations throughout York Region;
- The Staff Lawyer will engage in community development activities, deliver Public Legal Education and participate in law reform initiatives as appropriate;
- Membership in good standing with the Law Society of Upper Canada;
- Demonstrated knowledge of social justice and understanding of issues of significance to low-income communities, including newcomers to Canada;
- Legal Clinic Experience an asset;
Friday August 18, 2017
Interested candidates are asked to submit a cover letter, resume and references by electronic mail to:
21 Dunlop Street, Suite 200
Richmond Hill, ON L4C 2M6
CLCYR is dedicated to building an organization that reflects the diversity of our clients and the communities we serve. We encourage applications from individuals from diverse, marginalized and racialized communities and backgrounds.
While we thank all applicants for their interest, only those offered an interview will be contacted.