Careers at LAO
Halton Community Legal Services
This position provides litigation and administrative support to the clinic staff. The job is performed within the context of the funding agreement and clinic policies and procedures.
Main duties of the job:
Case management and caseworker support
- Document client files as required by office practice and procedures.
- Prepare reports, legal forms, tribunal submissions, letters and other documents for caseworkers.
- Compile legal documents for preparation of hearings by clinic legal staff.
- File documents according to legislative procedures.
- Arrange document service.
- Coordinate and participate in special projects
- Arrange meetings and appointments for caseworkers ensuring that appropriate equipment and facilities are booked.
- Compile information required for statistical reporting purposes to ensure accurate and timely reporting of clinic operations.
- Contact clients on behalf of clinic staff to arrange appointments or obtain information.
- Carry out delegated file management tasks promptly and suitably.
- Use the clinic tickler system to ensure compliance with Law Society of Ontario guidelines and identify impending limitations.
- Arrange logistical details associated with clinic events, community development and public education programs and seminars based on knowledge of relevant details.
- Open and close client files promptly.
- Collect information necessary to update files and clinic databases
- File and retrieve clinic documents based on knowledge of filing standards and clinic procedures.
- Establish new files and close files as appropriate.
- Ensure adequate supplies of all office forms such as opening file forms and activity sheets.
- Provide administrative support to the Executive Director.
$20.00 per hour
May to September 2018
Candidates interested in this opportunity must respond by April 16, 2018.
Only applications submitted via email will be accepted.
Please forward your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org