Careers at LAO
Community Legal Clinic of York Region (CLCYR)
The Community Legal Clinic of York Region (CLCYR) is a legal clinic serving the legal needs of low income residents of York Region. CLCYR staff provides legal advice and representation, deliver public legal education, and participate in community development initiatives.
CLCYR is seeking a lawyer to fill a full time permanent position on the Employment Law Team with a proposed start date of May 15, 2018.
- The Staff Lawyer will carry a full case load focusing primarily on employment law matters including: Employment Standards claims, wrongful dismissal cases, Employment Insurance appeals, Human Rights Complaints and Occupational Health and Safety matters;
- The Staff Lawyer will provide summary advice and brief services to clients;
- The Staff Lawyer will be expected to work out of our main office in Richmond Hill and various satellite locations throughout York Region;
- The Staff Lawyer will engage in community development activities, deliver Public Legal Education and participate in law reform initiatives as appropriate;
- Membership in good standing with the Law Society of Upper Canada;
- Demonstrated knowledge of employment law;
- Legal Clinic Experience an asset;
Application deadline: Monday, April 16, 2018
Interested candidates are asked to submit a cover letter, resume and references by electronic mail to:
CLCYR - Hiring Committee
21 Dunlop Street, Suite 200
Richmond Hill, ON L4C 2M6
CLCYR is dedicated to building an organization that reflects the diversity of our clients and the communities we serve. We encourage applications from individuals from diverse, marginalized and racialized communities and backgrounds. Moreover, CLCYR welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
While we thank all applicants for their interest, only those offered an interview will be contacted.