Community Advocacy & Legal Centre (CALC)
We are looking for a legal assistant to work at our busy and progressive community‑based legal clinic in Belleville, Ontario.
Suitable candidates must have most of the following:
- Legal secretarial or Law Clerk diploma
- Minimum 3 years' experience working in a law office or acceptable alternative
- Fast and accurate keyboarding & transcription (minimum 60 w.p.m.)
- High proficiency in using computer software including Microsoft Office, bookkeeping and case management software
- Proven and excellent oral & written communication skills
- Ability to work under pressure and with minimum supervision
- Strong problem‑solving capability and initiative
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to prioritize tasks
The Legal Assistant will provide support to legal staff and efficiently effectively provide service in a client‑centred legal practice.
Salary will be commensurate with experience. Please email your resume and covering letter to email@example.com no later than March 19, 2019 explaining why you are interested in joining our team. Please also supply the names of three professional references.
Only those being offered an interview will be contacted.