Careers at LAO
Legal intake worker
Community Advocacy & Legal Centre (CALC)
Our community-based non-profit legal clinic is seeking a highly-motivated and capable individual to provide high quality intake services.
Suitable candidates must have most of the following:
- Law Clerk/Paralegal or Social Service Worker diploma or equivalent
- 3-5 years' experience working in a law office
- Working knowledge of legal rights including income security, housing, consumer and employment
- Demonstrated capacity to work with clients with a diversity of needs and empathy for vulnerable communities and clients
- Strong problem solving capability and initiative
- Proven high level of digital and computer literacy
The Legal Intake Worker is responsible for triaging contacts by phone, internet, and drop-ins in the clinic's main office in Belleville and providing legal information, referrals and other client services at our fast-paced professional office.
This is a full-time permanent position. Salary is commensurate with experience. To apply, please email your resume and covering letter by March 23, 2018 explaining why you are interested in joining our team. Please also supply the names of three professional references to firstname.lastname@example.org
COMMUNITY ADVOCACY & LEGAL CENTRE
158 George Street, Level 1
Belleville, Ontario K8N 3H2
Only those being offered an interview will be contacted.
"We are an equal opportunity employer striving to reflect the population of Ontario"